One of the biggest urban areas in Rajasthan, Jodhpur is best-known for the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort. Jodhpur is otherwise called the 'Sun City' on account of the splendid and sunny weather throughout the entire year and the 'Blue City' in light of the vast bunch of houses painted in blue around the post. Jodhpur, which was beforehand known as Marwar, was established in 1459 by Rao Jodha, a Rajput head of the Rathore family.
The city was situated on the arranged street connecting Delhi to Gujarat which empowered it to benefit from a prosperous exchange opium, copper, silk, shoes, dates and espresso. Under the standard of Maharaja Umed Singh, Jodhpur developed into a brilliant present day city. Amid the guideline of the British, Jodhpur went ahead to wind up the biggest city in Rajputana. It flourished under the British; its shippers, the Marwaris, thrived and came to possess a main position in exchange all over India.