Kenya’s stunning landscapes, abundant wildlife, and rich cultural heritage have long attracted travelers seeking an unforgettable safari experience. Amidst this natural wonderland lies a some of the most breathtaking exquisite resorts that offer the perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and immersion into the wild. From the iconic Masai Mara to the rugged terrains of Meru, let’s embark on a virtual journey to discover the top 12 best resorts in Kenya that are redefining the art of hospitality.
- Angama Mara: Perched on the edge of the Great Rift Valley, Angama Mara offers breathtaking views of the Maasai Mara below. With elegant suites featuring glass-fronted walls, guests are treated to uninterrupted vistas of the savannah. Exceptional game drives, hot air balloon safaris, and cultural interactions with the Maasai community make for an all-encompassing experience in this resort which is highly regarded as the best resorts in Kenya.
2. Beyond Bateleur Camp: Nestled in the private Kichwa Tembo Concession, this camp embodies old-world charm and modern luxury. The vintage style best resorts in Kenya tents exude romance, while the Big Five and diverse birdlife roam freely in the surrounding wilderness. Sundowners overlooking the Mara River add a touch of magic to the adventure.
Beyond Bateleur Camp
3. Cottar’s 1920’s Safari Camp: Step back in time to the golden era of safaris at Cottar’s Camp. Evoking the spirit of a bygone era, this camp offers classic canvas tents furnished with antiques and colonial-style decor. Private conservancy activities, guided bush walks, and exceptional dining under the stars create an unforgettable experience in this best resorts in Kenya.
Cottar’s 1920’s Safari Camp
4. Elewana Lewa Safari Camp: Tucked into the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, this camp is renowned for its conservation efforts and luxurious accommodations. Immersive wildlife experiences, including close encounters with both black and white rhinos, showcase Kenya’s commitment to protecting its precious ecosystems.
Elewana Lewa Safari Camp
5. Richard’s River Camp: Situated along the banks of the Njageteck River in the Mara North Conservancy, this intimate camp offers personalized service and exclusive game viewing. The elegant tents provide a cozy retreat, while guided walks and night drives unveil the secrets of the nocturnal wilderness.
Richard’s River Camp
6. Alex Walker’s Serian Bush Camps: With several camps across Kenya, Alex Walker’s Serian takes guests on an intimate journey into the wild. The emphasis here is on flexibility and tailor-made experiences, from walking safaris to fly camping under the stars.
Alex Walker’s Serian Bush Camps
7. Elewana Sand River Masai Mara: Positioned close to the Tanzanian border, one of the best resorts in Kenya that it is, Elewana Sand River Masai Mara offers a front-row seat to the Great Migration. Craftily designed tents blend classic safari style with modern amenities, while the spectacle of wildebeest and zebra crossings adds drama to the backdrop.
Elewana Sand River Masai Mara
8. Elewana Elsa’s Kopje Meru: Named after Elsa the lioness from Joy Adamson’s “Born Free,” this camp rests within the Meru National Park. The cottages are built into the hillside, offering panoramic views of the plains. Unique activities like rhino tracking and visits to the Tharaka tribal village make for an enriching stay.
Elewana Elsa’s Kopje Meru
9. Ol Jogi: A private wildlife conservancy and luxurious residence, Ol Jogi offers exclusivity on an unprecedented level. The vast property is home to an array of species, including the rare Grevy’s zebra. Guests can indulge in spa treatments, explore ancient rock art sites, and enjoy helicopter excursions and Safari tours Kenya.
10. Governor’s Camp Collection: With several camps in different locations, Governor’s Camp provides an authentic safari experience. The award-winning camps offer comfortable accommodations and prime locations for witnessing the wonders of the Maasai Mara, including the thrilling river crossings during the Great Migration.
Governor’s Camp Collection
11. Finch Hattons: Situated at the heart of Tsavo West National Park, Finch Hattons offers a luxurious oasis amidst the wilderness. Elegant suites in the best resorts in Kenya overlook natural springs frequented by elephants and other animals. The camp’s eco-friendly practices and wellness offerings harmonize with the surrounding nature.
12. Mahali Mzuri: Meaning “beautiful place” in Swahili, Mahali Mzuri is Sir Richard Branson’s venture in the Mara. The contemporary design of the tents complements the open landscape. Game drives with expert guides provide close encounters with the resident wildlife.
The best resorts in Kenya redefine luxury and adventure, offering unparalleled experiences in the heart of untamed nature. From the iconic Masai Mara to the rugged landscapes of Meru, these resorts invite travelers to immerse themselves in the beauty of Kenya’s wildlife and culture while enjoying the comfort and extravagance that these establishments provide. Whether it’s the Great Migration, intimate encounters with rhinos, or the romance of vintage safari camps, these resorts cater to the diverse desires of travelers seeking an unforgettable African getaway.
260 total views, 1 views today