For the out and out aqua kid or those who get pumped up by the tropical fantasies, Fiji is one luxury destination that can never be given a miss. What’s more? Fiji leaves you spoilt for choice with 333 islands to choose from. Some of the most frequented and revered names that come in our mind are the Mamanucas and Yasawas as they literally glide with your budget and the idea of having a luxury hideaway and rustic eco resorts for family. As international gateways one cannot help but set their eyes on the rather picture-perfect tourist town of Nadi, on Viti Levu that have become an international gateways of sorts because of the pristine beaches spread across miles. More of the luxury travel in Fiji follows in the areas of Denarau Island and the ever popular Coral Coast.
You do not have to tread or fly too far to find a Fijian paradise that you can truly call as your own. The luxuriantly green and rain-drenched islands of Vanua Levu and Taveuni still hold good without the massive tourist footfalls with hiking trails, waterfalls, and flower-flecked jungles. On the other end there is Kadavu, the unspoiled beauty and the planet’s fourth largest barrier reef that qualifies as the diver’s paradise. Mark the words. All the fiji holiday destinations have something for every bit of a wanderlust to look forward to.
Things to do in Fiji
- Mud bathing! Head to the The Sabeto Hot Springs which happens to be one of the hidden jewels of Fiji. Indulge yourself in the rare opportunity to pamper yourself to the therapeutic natural thermal mud spa. If one were to believe the locals, the sulphur in the hot springs have a healing properties and it is also a popular spot among both locals and tourists which makes for a great social experience.
- Enjoy the spectacular Taveuni- A haven for hikers and lovers of nature; this is a peep into the more authentic side among all your fiji holiday destinations. Thanks to the lush green jungles coupled with gushing waterfalls, this is known as the “Garden Isle”. Unsurprisingly, diving and snorkeling are the most popular activity in the island that can be best explored along the Lavena Coastal Walk. You can further go crazy with activities like floating down the river in bamboo rafts, swimming and kayaking along the coasts.
- Kava Drinking- Similar to the tea festival in China and Japan, the Fijians take the Kava ceremony seriously! You too can be part of the social occasion where they serve Kava, also known as yaqona, a mildly narcotic drink made from mixing of the pepper plant with water.
- The Mamanuca Islands- The magnificent Mamnuca Islands is a stroke of beauty that has sublime white sand with striking blue water and plenty of sunshine. Once again you can never get short of diving and snorkeling exploits on the most tourist popular destination that has plenty of world-class resorts that can make your stay memorable in luxury travel in Fiji.
- Take a walk around the city- After all the frenzy, lazing around in the resort and snorkeling in the day, it is a nice idea to walk around the markets and streets of Nadi in the not so bustling and yet extremely friendly city.
391 total views, 3 views today