Lush, serene mountains coupled with breathtaking natural beauty and well-planned out cities is just one way to define Switzerland. Switzerland has long been among every holiday goer’s favorite destination thanks to its rich history and culture. Aside from its beauty, the European federal republic also plays a vital role in the field of commerce and is ranked as one of the wealthiest countries in the world per capita. Switzerland serves as the ideal getaway destination and with so many places to visit,travelers will never run short of excitement. Here, we list out some of the most sought after Switzerland holiday destinations.
- When one talks about Switzerland, it’s only natural that Zurich is the first city that comes to mind. The city by the water is one of the most attractive luxury destinations in Switzerland and offers a host of activities for everyone. Zurich features over 50 museums and 100 art galleries and is known for its entertaining nightlife. This is also the place to be for fashion lovers as the city accommodates some of the biggest international fashion brands.
- Geneva is the next best thing to Zurich and is the perfect place to visit during the summers. Also titled the capital of peace for housing UNO Europe and the Red Cross headquarters, Geneva is another one of the most sought after luxury destinations in Switzerland.
- Possibly among the coziest honeymoon destinations in Switzerland, Zermatt has a charm that is bound to captivate couples looking for peace and quiet. Zermatt is literally a car free zone and is best known for skiing, hiking, and climbing, making it a peaceful location ideal for newlyweds. The best time to visit Zermatt would be during the winters.
- Another luxury destination for tourists looking for a winter holiday in Switzerland is St. Moritz. The alpine resort town oozes with luxury and has something for everyone with a decent holiday budget. The town has gained popularity for its natural mineral springs and also for hosting the Winter Olympics on two occasions.
- When visiting Switzerland for cultural purposes, Basel is the place to be. This city, located along the Swiss, German and French borders, includes some of the finest Swiss hotels and is carrying a lot of history with it. The city has almost 40 museums and is also famous for its orchestral music. Basel will be a favorite among history lovers or couples simply looking for a touch of old-age charm.
There are many other luxury destinations in Switzerland,although it must be mentioned that it is not a very cheap place to visit. However, it is a beautiful place for any tourist to visit no matter which town or city. There are many honeymoon destinations in Switzerland that are bound to captivate married couples and will leave each person longing for more of the place. Aside from the mentioned locations, there are numerous other destinations across the country that deliver splendid beauty and charm, leaving any visitor with the desire to come back for more.
6,449 total views, 4 views today