Maldives is not only stunning; it is a wonderland for many newlyweds during their luxury travel. And hence it becomes the most obvious choice for a honeymoon travel. But here is a catch. After watching all the beautiful pictures of the stunning country, one may get in a fix because the locations look pretty much the same. Therefore, if you are looking for the best private island in the Maldives, you are better off having a ready guide. So here you are! The best private islands in the Maldives are given below:
- Makunudu- In a departure from the conventional luxury tour in Maldives, Makunudu has incorporated traditional Maldivian character into its design and has remained small – only 36 bungalows add to luxury in the most absolute sense of privacy coupled with laid-back luxury. It’s an intimate getaway that has all the facilities you’d expect in a bigger, with excellent snorkelling, a great spa and authentic charm that can’t be beaten. Makunudu, without a question becomes the best choice for honeymooners who are looking for some intimate moments of indulgence.
- Bandos- A well run, longstanding resort, Bandos is a good quality private island experience just 10 minutes from Male International Airport. What adds to the monetary value is the amenities like an onsite diving base, youth club, toddlers group and a varied choice of restaurants. The 227 room resort is anonymous with less privacy than other options, however, it does provide the Maldives experience at a very good price. Hence, you are in for one of the most value for money resorts which lets you enjoy the spectacularly lively island with azure waters and welcoming atmosphere.
- Gili Lankanfushi- One of our favourite luxury resorts in The Maldives, Gili Lankanfushi provides a masterclass in barefoot luxury. The resort is set in a vast lagoon with some of the best snorkelling and diving in the region, You can’t help but notice how great a visual delight this resort is. Made and decorated with with natural materials, local thatch and wood, and the natural bathrooms offer an open-air yet private bathing experience that is truly unforgettable!
- Amilla Fushi- The beautiful resort Amilla Fushi has made its way onto our top five list for one main reason – its wellness treehouses. These rooms, fit snugly into the lush jungle canopy of the island, offer a secluded spa, fitness and healthy eating experience combined. What makes it a truly private resort is the infinity pool overlooking the tree canopy, outdoor showers, spa treatments, scenic outdoor terrace and top-notch amenities which are all yours till the time you stay there. Nothing beats having your own luxury Maldivian treehouse paradise, does it?
- Oblu- OBLU is a fantastic all-inclusive resort, and whilst it may not be the most luxurious nor the most unique in The Maldives, it is superb value for money. Oblu offers you an exotic house-reef, just metres away from the island. The island is where you find the silver-tipped sharks, lobsters and giant sea turtles. Its medium sized, so not too cramped but not too big, and there is plenty going on to keep you entertained. Of course, if you’re looking for all-out relaxation, which OBLU offers in spades – you can’t do better than the villas with private pools!
579 total views, 3 views today