Maldives is a beautiful backdrop of tropical islands with white sand beaches, blue waters, and exotic and colourful coral reefs. Its magnificent cabins and private lodges of its coasts are the best lodging option in this paradise lodged in the heart of the Indian Ocean. This complex of wonders has several exciting realities that one cannot know or detail with the naked eye, and therefore, it is worth visiting at least once in life and discover its pristine and magical paradisiacal secrets.
If you have ever seen a photo of a ‘long dress of islands’, with wooden huts on turquoise roofs and waters ‘as accessories of ancient queens’, with an infinite horizon and marine fauna that overflows life ‘like a coat of pearls ‘; probably not, we’re sure! They would be clear images of honeymoon destinations in Maldives.
Also, it maintains a vibrant culture of 3,000 years old, an amazing educational system, exquisite cuisine and a people admired for their great hospitality.
11 FACTS THAT WILL TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT TOURISM IN MALDIVES:
- The first meeting of the underwater cabinet of the world was held here, in the Maldives (to raise awareness about climate change).
- It is a complex that was founded by an exiled Indian principium (sometime in 269 BC) where there was only one community that worshipped the Sun and Water; thus, forming the Solar and Lunar Dynasty of Kalinga.
- This group of islands is composed of more than 1190 coral islands in its first 26 atolls (200 inhabited islands, 80 islands with luxury resorts etc.) 99% of Maldives is water, if you are looking for sun and beach, Add Maldives holiday destinations to your list!
- It is the lowest and flattest nation in the world. The level of the floor of the Maldives on average is 1.5 meters, with its highest point at a very particular end of Villingili Island, which is 2.3 meters.
- Alcohol is only available at resorts and hotels. Maldives is an Islamic country, with which the consumption of alcohol is prohibited anywhere else, but eliminating it from the facilities of the tourist complexes is also prohibited.
- Maldives is one of the safest holiday destinations worldwide. Even private and out-of-sight resorts are safe!
- Here the weekend is Friday and Saturday.
- Luxury destinations in Maldives host a wonderful underwater life, you can see 1,000 to 1,500 dolphins and whales, as well as dwarf sperm whales, orcas, mules, striped and spotted dolphins, pilot whales etc. But, here is not everything, it is famous throughout the world for the observation of the whale shark, the largest fish in the world (measured between 18 and 32 feet).
- The word ‘atoll’ is derived from ‘Divehi atholhu’, which means a ring-shaped coral island surrounding the lagoon. Its official language is the Divehi.
2,176 total views, 3 views today